Hair is not the only admirable quality of a woman; great skin is way up there too. Like all aspects of the female form, the skin requires a little effort to maintain its beauty. Yes, we all know that some have it easier than others however we could all do with a few more tips to ensure skin stays healthier and more radiant for longer. Here are a few tips we picked up from our favourite doctors at MedicineNet.com on how to get (or keep) great skin:
- Rehydrate: water is your new best friend. Drink it all the time!
- Fresh fruit and vegetables: not only can they help rehydrate the skin, they provide all kinds of beneficial nutrients which help enhance its natural beauty. (I want a Beyoncé glow!)
- Eat small snacks throughout the day rather than 3 large meals: this sustains your energy levels and has all the added health benefits (provided you’re sticking to portion control and healthy food)
- Exercise for Energy: you heard it! Even a 15 minute walk a day can do wonders. You’re skin won’t only start glowing from the sweat, if you get what we mean… Put on your trainers, take a walk and rid your body of all kinds of toxins.
- Cs need to replace Fs: unfortunately the fats, however delicious, have to go (or decrease significantly) and you need to start making more room for Vitamin C rich foods. Vitamins = healthy = happy and glowing skin.
- Oh, Mr Golden Sun: you wouldn’t attempt to skydive without a parachute, why take dangerous risks with the sun? ALWAYS apply sunblock, even if the sun is hiding behind the clouds. Sun damage not only results in dark marks and wrinkles, it can cause cancer
- .All belles need their beauty sleep: this part isn’t made up! Getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night will keep your body and skin looking younger. We’re certainly not complaining about this one!
For more tips on how to keep your skin looking healthy and its best check out the article on MedicineNet.com